Thank you for visiting the JB Contract Services website, owned and provided by JB Contract Services, Sunderland 1-3 Hope Street,
This policy applies to all information collected by us, or provided by you, on our website or in any other way (such by telephone or by email).
DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
When you visit our website or contact us by email or telephone you may choose to provide us with personal information. For example your name, company name, email address and phone number. You may provide us with information in a number of ways:
- By supplying us with the Information as listed above, on an individual basis by completing a form on our website, signing up to receive a newsletter, registering for an event or applying for a job; and
- By corresponding with us by email, in which case we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses.
In addition, if you are an associate or job candidate and you apply for a position or create an account to apply for a position, we may collect the following types of personal information (as permitted under local law):
- employment and education history;
- language proficiencies and other work-related skills;
- Social Security number, national identifier or other government-issued identification number;
- date of birth;
- bank account information;
- citizenship and work authorization status;
- disabilities and health-related information;
- results of drug tests and criminal and other background checks;
- benefits information;
- tax-related information;
- information provided by references; and
- information contained in your resume or C.V., information you provide regarding your career interests, and other information about your qualifications for employment.
Contact forms and email links
When you submit your details through one of our contact or job application forms (Using Ninja Forms), a copy of the details you have provided is saved to our server, provided by Go Daddy. (Please see details in section 6 for more information). In this instance, Go Daddy would class as a third party data processor of your information.
Email Updates Sign-up
If you choose to join our email newsletter or hear about job updates, the email address that you submit to us will be forwarded to MailChimp, who we use for email marketing services. We consider MailChimp to be a third party data processor (see third party data processors below). The email address that you submit will not be stored within this website’s own database or in any of our internal computer systems.
Your email address will remain within MailChimp’s database for as long as we continue to use MailChimp’s services for email marketing or until you specifically request removal from the list. You can do this by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe links contained in any email newsletters that we send you or by requesting removal via email. When requesting removal via email, please send your email to us using the email account that is subscribed to the mailing list.
If you are under 18 years of age you MUST obtain parental consent before joining our email newsletter.
While your email address remains within the MailChimp database, you will receive periodic emails that we think may be of interest to you, including job updates and specific news.
Our website also collects non-personally identifiable information about you, such as the server your computer is logged onto and your browser type, including non-personally identifiable information such as:
Do we collect information about children?
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13 years old on this Website or through our application.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
When you provide personal information to us, we will use it for the purposes for which it was provided to us as stated at the point of collection (or as is obvious from the context of collection).
We may use the Personal Information that you provide to us to operate and improve our business, including this website; to communicate with you; to provide you with information, job updates or services that you have requested; and for verification purposes. We may use and disclose any information that is aggregated or de-identified so that it does not identify you personally, at our discretion.
Examples of the types of use are given in the ‘data we collect about you’ section above. The legal basis for processing your data is based on our legitimate interest to do so in accordance with the context in which it was provided, or based on your consent, for example where you have signed up to receive JB Contract Services newsletters.
We may also use your data to contact you with information about our business, services and events, and other information that may be of interest to you. You can let us know at any time if you no longer wish to receive these communications by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or following the unsubscribe instructions contained in the communication.
Specifically, we may use your information:
- To provide our services, activities or online content, to provide you with information about them and to deal with your requests and enquiries
- To provide you with the most user-friendly online navigation experience;
- To use IP addresses and device identifiers to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries, and to determine whether you are accessing the services from the UK or not.
- We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
- Provide you with job opportunities and work;
- provide HR services to you, including administration of benefit programs, payroll, performance management and disciplinary actions;
- provide additional services to you, such as training, career counseling and career transition services;
- assess your suitability as a job candidate and your associate qualifications for positions; and
- perform data analytics, such as (i) analyzing our job candidate and associate base; (ii) assessing individual performance and capabilities, including scoring on work-related skills; (iii) identifying skill shortages; (iv) using information to match individuals and potential opportunities, and (v) analyzing pipeline data (trends regarding hiring practices).
Our website does not collect or compile personal information for dissemination or sale to outside parties for consumer marketing purposes, or host mailings on behalf of third parties.
SHARING OF YOUR DATA
Generally, aside from job-related candidate information, we will use your information within JB Contract Services and will only share it outside of the company where you have requested it or given your consent. However, we may share with third party sites (e.g. Facebook, Google, Twitter and Mailchimp) some data, with appropriate security measures, to show you relevant advertising on third party sites, as set out in our section “third-party data processors.”
We may also share your data:
- To provide you with any information or services that you request;
- With our subsidiaries and affiliates if you are a job candidate, with clients who may have job opportunities available or interest in placing our job candidates; and with others with whom we work, such as job placement consultants and subcontractors, to find you a job.
- To respond to legal requests for information, court orders, and other legal process, or as otherwise required by law;
- To exercise JB Contract Services’ legal rights or defend ourselves against legal claims, to enforce our contracts, to investigate, respond to and resolve problems or inquiries (including governmental inquiries), or to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain;
- In connection with an actual or potential merger, sale, acquisition, assignment, or transfer of all or part of our assets, affiliates, lines of business, or products, including bankruptcy;
- With your consent.
Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
We will only send you marketing emails or contact you where you have agreed to this. We will do this via our third party data processor Mailchimp.
How long will you keep my information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract. If you have an account and you delete this then your personal information is deleted immediately, and the remaining information is anonymised for analytical purposes.
DELETION AND ACCESS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Can I delete my personal data?
If you hold an account then you can always delete this in your account settings. You can also email us to ask us to delete any personal information associated with you at email@example.com and we will complete this request within one month unless there is a legal or public interest reason why we are unable to comply with this request.
Can I find out what personal information you hold about me?
Under the GDPR you have the right to understand which of your data we are processing and to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and/or have any inaccuracies corrected. (If the request for data is excessive we reserve the right to charge a nominal fee and may need ID as proof of person). We will use reasonable efforts consistent with our legal duty to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files within one month of your request unless the data request is complex, when we reserve the right to extend this timeframe by two months. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for these requests.
ABOUT THIS WEBSITE’S SERVER & SECURITY
The security of our website and any data held within it is one of our key priorities. Although no site is entirely safe from security threats, we have taken the following key steps to enhance the security of our site to a level we can be proud of. Please note, any data you send over the internet should not be treated as secure due to the very nature of the online environment.
This website is hosted by Go Daddy within servers located within the United States and The Netherlands. This files and databases on this site are backed up to the Go Daddy servers. This may contain personal information. Go Daddy class as a data processor and are fully compliant with GDPR. You can view the security policy of Go Daddy here https://uk.godaddy.com/agreements/showdoc.aspx
All traffic (transferral of files) between this website and your browser is encrypted and delivered over HTTPS.
OUR THIRD PARTY DATA PROCESSORS
We use a select number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf. These third parties have been carefully chosen and they all comply with the legislation set out in the final section. All of these third parties are based in the EU or USA and are GDPR or EU-U.S Privacy Shield compliant.
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
Along with our business and internal computer systems, this website is designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
- UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
- EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
- EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
- Australian Privacy Act 1988 (APA)
The data controller of this website is: JB Contract Services
Whose registered office is:
Sunderland 1-3 Hope Street,
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Director JB Contract Services