Thank you for visiting the JBCS website, owned and provided by JB Contract Services, Sunderland 1-3 Hope Street,
We’re serious about your privacy and hope this policy explains everything you need to know in terms of how we collect, use, share and store your personal details.
All the details in this policy apply to any information that we collect from you, or is provided by you, on our website and other forms of communication such as email and telephone.
If you have any questions about how we use your data, please just get in touch.
WHICH PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect information about the devices you use to visit our site and how you chose to visit us and what you did on our site. For example, we may track which pages you visited and whether you used Google to reach us.
We may collect information within what you send us or tell us when communicating with us. For example, we may collect your name and email address if you send them to us in a form on our site. We may collect any personal information stored in additional documents you may send us at this point.
In addition, if you are an associate or job candidate and you apply for a position or create an account to apply for a position, we may collect more sensitive information about you such as your national insurance number, career history or education details.
HOW DO WE GET THIS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may ask you for it directly
Sometimes we might ask you to provide us with information, such as when you are sending a query to our website. We may also ask you to sign up to our newsletter. The types of information we may ask for in this instance include your name, email address and telephone number.
When applying for a job, we may ask you to provide information such as your career or educational history.
We may collect it using cookies
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
When we collect personal data about you, with your consent, we will use it in the following ways:
– to improve our website and the ways that we target our services and products to you on both our own site and others
– to respond to your queries and provide you with the information you have requested
– for admin purposes such as resetting your password and sending you updates to our terms of services
– to process your job application
– to contact you about products and services we think you may be interested in
- Provide you with job opportunities and work;
- provide HR services to you, including administration of benefit programs, payroll, performance management and disciplinary actions;
- provide additional services to you, such as training, career counseling and career transition services;
- assess your suitability as a job candidate and your associate qualifications for positions; and
- perform data analytics, such as (i) analyzing our job candidate and associate base; (ii) assessing individual performance and capabilities, including scoring on work-related skills; (iii) identifying skill shortages; (iv) using information to match individuals and potential opportunities, and (v) analyzing pipeline data (trends regarding hiring practices).
Our website does not collect or compile personal information for dissemination or sale to outside parties for consumer marketing purposes, or host mailings on behalf of third parties.
There must be a legal basis for us to process your data. These are the bases on which we collect and process personal data about you:
When we ask for your personal information, we will always explain why and how we will use it and ask for your consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time by unsubscribing from our updates or contacting us directly.
We only use your personal data in order to improve our communication and online experience for you and other people using our services. We understand that this can be a grey area and, if we rely on using legitimate interests to collect and store your data, then we will tell you what that is.
We have no intentions to sell your data to any third parties. If this situation ever changed then we would ask your permission in a separate, explicit consent communication request.
Your personal data will be held for as long as is needed for the purposes for which it was collected. In the instance where you delete your account, then we will remove all traces of personal data associated with it, in line with your “right to delete”.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH?
When required or requested to do so, we may share your data with the following types of organisations:
o Official regulators, fraud prevention officers and similar authorities
o Any specific companies you may ask us to share your data with
o When legally requested to do so or in our own response to legal proceedings or transfer of our assets during sale or business transfer
o With third-party processors with your consent and explained in our Third Party Processors section
– With our subsidiaries and affiliates if you are a job candidate, with clients who may have job opportunities available or interest in placing our job candidates; and with others with whom we work, such as job placement consultants and subcontractors, to find you a job.
YOUR RIGHTS WITH REGARDS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have rights regarding how we collect, use and store your personal data. You may:
1. Request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you and how we process it.
2. Ask for any inaccuracies in your information to be amended
3. Ask for your personal information to be deleted, or amend your preferences for how it is used.
If you would like to know, delete or amend anything related to how we use your personal data, please just contact us. In the instance you are unhappy with you we have handled your personal information, you can also report this to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Please note, we do have the right to ask for proof of ID and/or charge a reasonable fee if the effort to source your data is extensive. Our policy is to supply, amend or delete your requests related to your data within 28 days but we may extend this timescale if necessary.
IS YOUR DATA SHARED WITH ANY THIRD PARTIES?
Under 16 year olds
Our website is not intended to be used by those under the age of 16. Therefore we do not knowingly collect information from children. If you are under 16 and using this website, please get permission from your parent and guardian with regards to the collection of your personal data.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We are serious about your data security and take appropriate steps to make sure your personal data is kept securely and accurately. This includes using compliant and reliable hosting services, secure protocols and encryption of data where required. Unless explicitly stated, all of our third party processors are resident within the EU.
Sometimes you may find links on our site to other websites, advertisers or partners. Please note that any of these links that you follow will then lead to websites with their own privacy policies, and we can not accept any responsibility for these. Please ensure you remain vigilant in checking the personal data you are submitting to any of these sites.